Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Heard Driving Home from Work

And you thought country music wasn't profound:

Phone rings, baby cries, TV diet, guru lies
Good mornin' honey
Go to work, make up, try to keep the balance up
Between love and money

She used to tie her hair up in ribbons and bows
Sign her letters with X's and O's
Got a picture of her Momma in heels and pearls
She's trying to make it in her Daddy's world
An American girl
An American girl

Slow dance, second chance, Momma needs romance
And a live in maid
Fix the sink, mow the yard, really isn't all that hard
If you get paid

She used to tie her hair up in ribbons and bows
Sign her letters with X's and O's
Got a picture of her Momma in heels and pearls
She's trying to make it in her Daddy's world
An American girl
An American girl (Trisha Yearwood)

4 comments:

Motokeb said...

I've actually grown quite attached to country music in the last few years. I grew up hating it on priciple (all my friends did), but songs like that make it worth in. One of my current favorites is "I've got friends in low places..."

Lee Ann said...

Bless your heart. We all come around sometime. Donna's the one that got me hooked . . . and Joanna's sisters got Donna hooked!

john said...

One day I was explaining apologetically that though I am a classically trained musician (emphasis on music of the early 18th century), I sort of liked.... I trailed off there, and my conversant burst out, "So you're another classical musician who likes Country music?!?" I grinned sheepishly and we laughed out loud. There's something irresistible about some of those good tunes...although I'm not so happy about where much of the music is going these days.

Motokeb said...

Hey, I know you think blogs are a trap and they'll suck the life out of you, etc. etc, but would you consider putting something new on yours? Those of us who enjoy wasting our time on non-existent black holes are getting bored...