Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ciao for Now

I hereby declare today the beginning of my blog's summer vacation!

I have lots to do this summer. For instance, finishing a writing project, reading Thomas Hardy and Cold Comfort Farm, planning my future (okay, maybe just 2007), going on a vacation or two, staying connected with my family, and making regular trips to the mall and coffee shops.

Now, can I find some lines of poetry that won't mold between now and September? I'll give these a try:
I am part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherethro'
Gleams that untravell'd world, whose margin fades
For ever and for ever when I move.
How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnish'd, not to shine in use!
As tho' to breathe were life.
.............................
The lights begin to twinkle from the rocks:
The long day wanes: the slow moon climbs: the deep
Moans round with many voices. Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.

~from Tennyson's "Ulysses"

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Awww a summer with no entertainment A la Lee Anne? I'll be bored! BORED I SAY!

Child of Grace said...

I shall miss your witty and insightful commentary on life, but hope that you have a wonderful summer. :-)

Motokeb said...

Your blog has had an awfully long vacation...