Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lent

Yes, I go to a Baptist church, but I'm celebrating Lent this year because every year Easter seems to come with even less warning and less impact. I hope that 40 days of preparation will help me appreciate Easter more.

I am giving up tea--not the first cup of the day (that's necessary to dispel the morning fog in my head), but the second, third, and fourth in which I indulge throughout the workday "to keep the creative juices flowing."

One of these days I will elucidate my personal theology of food (or, what I have learned about the spiritual life through having a digestive disorder), and then you might not find it so amusing that I consider giving up tea to be a Lenten endeavor.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I don't laugh...i have a tea problem too. Ask the coffee people if they'd give that up, and they'd stop laughing. :)