- Everybody reads Rebecca. Daphne Du Maurier's House on the Strand delivers in just the same way - evocative and slightly creepy.
- My sister and I just got back from visiting friends in Florida. We went to the beach a lot, drank way too much tea (is there such a thing? Well, I'm still trying to give up my daily third cup), and talked. And talked. And talked. I think I know what heaven will be like.
- Richard John Neuhaus's Death on a Friday Afternoon took me months to read, but it was worth it. He teeters on the brink of universalism and his writing is cumbersome - just ignore all that.
- I had to go all the way to Florida to get a motorcycle ride - make that two, since we switched bikes at one point. It was a nice long ride that made up for the four years since my last one. Also, it was my first time on a crotch rocket. It was surprisingly easy to stay balanced, so there's absolutely no excuse for those girls you see clinging like ivy to the backs of their rocket-riding men. They just want to hug someone.
- Finding God, Larry Crabb: Read. This. Book.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Posted by Lee Ann at 12:53 PM