Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Things First

I wonder if, to truly rest and be satisfied in God, you have to submit to Him before demanding satisfaction. I seem to expend so much energy crying out, "Prove Yourself. Before I will trust You with my life, You must prove You are trustworthy, prove You'll do right by me." The problem is, God can't possibly pour Himself into us when we are closed off to Him. It's a lose-lose situation, until we give in and go to the only source that can fill us.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thanks LeeAnn for your honesty here... it makes me want to reevaluate my 'openness' to our Savior and see it for what it really is today, now, in this moment, and in my thoughts and pursuits...and choose to be wholly His all over again. Thanks again, I'm glad I discovered your blog!