Sunday, June 19, 2011

Snapshot

I haven't posted in a while - my life has gradually become interesting enough to me that I don't actually need to sit down and write about it. But for what it's worth, here's where I'm at right now:
  • In the church year, today is Trinity Sunday.
  • Reading Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend - a clear and organized distillation of the things I've started learning over the past year.
  • Rereading Sense and Sensibility. I think I understand now why I never liked it before. Elinor is such a goody-two-shoes! I'm enjoying this novel more now that I'm responding to the story honestly, and I'm curious to see where Austen takes it.
  • New website in my blogroll: tylerstanton.com. This guy is very funny.
  • Flowers on my dresser: lavender mums.
  • At work I was recently upgraded from a cubicle to my own office. And it has a window!!!
  • I'm moving into a new apartment at the beginning of July. Actually, it's the same townhouse where I lived a couple years ago, before I moved back home for a while. This time, I'll have the master bedroom instead of the basement. Movin' up in the world! I've started packing up my room and looking into furniture purchases. I've always enjoyed moving, but this is the first time in a long time that I'm not actually running away from something, and I'm making mature decisions. Way too much fun.
It's weird how God has brought me full-circle, back to where I was a few years ago - and yet it feels like a totally different me. I like myself better now, and I like life too. It doesn't feel like a half-life anymore.

1 comment:

Kelly Sauer said...

I wish I knew more about your journey. I am happy for you. I am encouraged.

And I'm SO glad about your window. I can hardly believe I missed you when I dashed through last month!